Travel Award for Foreign Scientists
The List of Awardees
NEURO2022 Travel Award
- Teresa Canedo(i3S-Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde, Universidade do Porto)
- Ana Isabel Silva(i3S-Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde, Universidade do Porto)
- Ross J. Purple(University of Bristol)
- Ana Terceiro(i3S-Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde, Universidade do Porto)
- Katherine Picard(Universite Laval)
- Angus Leung(Monash University)
- Hanna Lu(The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Eric Augier(Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (BKV))
- Emilio Mustafa(Multidisciplinary Institute of Cell Biology)
- Helena Janickova(Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences)
- Sharon Azubuike-Osu(Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi, Nigeria)
- Jae-Ick Kim(Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology)
- Jeong-Kyu Han(Seoul National University College of Medicine)
- Joon-Yong An(Korea University)
- Min-Ho Nam(Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- Chao Wang(School of Life Sciences, USTC)
- Wei Shan(Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University)
- Wenjuan Zou(Zhejiang University)
- Bin Zhang(The Affiliated Brain Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University Guangdong)
- Denglei Ma(Xuanwu Hospital , Captical Medical University)
- Lin Shi(Beijing Tiantan Hospital)
- Ying Wang(Qingdao University)
- Xiaomin Yue(Zhejiang University)
- Juan Chen(South China Normal University)
- Bhavana Muralidharan(The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine)
- Arpita Konar(CSIR- Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology)
- Poonam Thakur(School of Biology, IISER)
- Smita Karnakuran(Centre for Brain Research)
- Hamideh Bashiri(Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine,
Kerman University of Medical Sciences)
- Razieh Kooshki(Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Lorestan University, Khorramabad,
FENS (Federation of European Neuroscience Societies) - JNS (Japan Neuroscience Society) Travel Award
- Andrey Andreev(Innopolis University)
- Łukasz Bijoch(Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, PAS)
- Saumitra Singh(Banaras Hindu University)
- Olga Tiurikova(University College London)
- Pariya Khodabakhsh(School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences)
- Afsaneh Asgari Taei(Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences)
- Adriano Lama(University of Naples Federico II)
- Dávid Keller(Semmelweis University)
- Charalampos Brakatselos(University of Ioannina)
- Maria Camila Fernandez Zapata(Department of Molecular Psychiatry Charité Universitätsmedizin)
- Nishant Sharma(National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER))
- Shan Wang(Radboud University Medical Center, Donders Institute)
Travel Award Guidelines for NEURO2022
NEURO2022 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic, leading, non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high-quality papers at the meeting. Applications from young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows, also applicants from Asian-Pacific countries are especially encouraged.
The amount of the funding for travel will be between 40,000–150,000 JPY per award.
NEURO2022 will pay attention regarding the 2021 and 2020 Travel Awardees whose travels were canceled and who were unable to visit Japan due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Should the 2021 and 2020 Travel Awardees submit a NEW abstract for consideration for the 2022 application, we would be happy to consider as a candidate of the award. In all cases, the excellence of the submitted scientific abstract will be an absolute prerequisite.
- The annual meeting registration fee is waived only for successful applicants.
- Recipients receive partial support for travel expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, and domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Accommodation will be provided for recipients from June 29th (check-in) to July 3rd, (check-out): four nights, single-room.
- Recipients are invited to the *International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers on June 29th.
*To facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan, all recipients are invited to this mandatory event.
Registration for NEURO2022
No need to register for the annual meeting. Please follow the TA application instruction.
Complimentary Registration: Awardees will be exempt from the registration fee for the annual meeting.
Unsuccessful applicants: Need to register for the annual meeting with payment as per category.
All presenters need to hold membership of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN) or the Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS).
Application instruction will be sent upon acceptance.
Ineligible for this application
- Symposium speakers
- Other grant recipients related to NEURO2022
- Applicants who applying via other Neuroscience Affiliations
*Applicants from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Each society has set their own deadline date and guideline. Applicants shall follow their instructions.
For further information, please contact the office of your society below:
- China: the Chinese Neuroscience Society
- South Korea: the Korean Society for Brain and Neural Science (KSBNS)
- India: Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN)
- Iran: the Iranian Neuroscience Society (INS)
- Once your application has been accepted, the Travel Award selection committee will determine the appropriate amount of support.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances.
- Each recipient must bear any additional expenses.
- We will notify recipients of the time and place at which the award money and certificate will be given during the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers.
- The stay at the designated hotel will only be covered from June 29th (check-in) to July 3rd (check-out). Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
Please contact the NEURO2022 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding hotel bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance, and oral or poster presentation at NEURO2022 are mandatory. Award recipients who do not attend NEURO2022 and do not deliver a presentation will have their award revoked.
- A main author is only eligible to receive the Travel Award.
- Participants can only give one oral or poster presentation at the meeting as the first author.
- All presenters at NEURO2022 must be an official member either of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN) or the Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS).
- Upon acceptance, the JNS, the JSN or the JNNS office will contact successful applicants and provide instructions for membership registration. Please register for membership after you receive it.
For participants who require a visa
- Participants who require a visa must obtain the visa themselves.
- The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request. With the documents we provide, we support your stay only for the 4-day conference plus 3 days. Please contact the NEURO2022 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding visa applications at email@example.com
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to the application site.
1. Prepare the following four documents.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face appears)
- Abstract for NEURO2022 presentation
For details regarding abstract format, please see the Entering the Abstract Text section in the Annual Meeting website.
2. Register these documents on the Travel Award Registration site.
3. Letters of Recommendation
- Graduate students/Postdoctoral fellows:
Ask referees for the letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation should be sent to NEURO2022 Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly by the recommenders, not by the applicant.
One of (two) letters must be from the applicant’s current supervisor.
The letter should be no more than one page in length.
Fill in your referees' names and contacts information on the Travel Award Registration site.
- Young principal investigators/Senior postdoctoral fellows: No recommendation letter is required.
Registration: November 1st, 2021 to
December 6th, 2021 at 5pm JST
December 13th, 2021, at 5pm JST
- Timeline for NEURO2022 (tentative)
- Notification to Travel Award Winners
- Confirmation of attendance
- Completion of Society Membership application (for successful applicants only)
- VISA application and accommodation information provided
- Notification of presentation schedule and format