For those who are considering submitting an abstract at this point, we are pleased to announce that we are now accepting "Late-Breaking Abstracts (LBA)" for poster presentations. Please consider presenting your latest results and join us all at the Meeting!
1. Abstract Submission Period
The abstract submission period is different from the pre-registration period.
|OPEN||Friday, April 15, 2022 at 12:00 noon JST|
|CLOSE||Friday, April 29, 2022 at 12:00 noon JST|
In principle, accepted LBAs will be poster presentations held on-site. However, since entry to Japan may be difficult in certain scenarios, we will allow for online presentations. Please contact NEURO2022 for more information.
Videos or materials streamed for virtual presentations in poster presentations will not be retained after this Meeting except for those we obtain consent from presenters in advance to do so.
3. Abstract Submission Eligibility
The presenting author (first author) should be a member of the Japan Neuroscience Society, the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry, or the Japanese Neural Network Society. We ask non-members to immediately apply for JNS/JSN/JNNS membership.
The presenting author (first author) must submit the abstract. Abstract submission by a co-author on behalf of the presenting author (first author) is not permitted.
First author submissions are restricted to 1 abstract per person for either a symposium, oral presentation, or poster presentation. However, this restriction does not apply to plenary, special, educational, and award lectures, and luncheon seminars.
It may take time to obtain a membership ID (number) after you submit an application. Please apply for membership well in advance. In case the membership application process is not completed by the time the program is fixed, your abstract may be retracted.
Those whose membership is paused should make sure to reactivate their membership by the day the meeting starts.
Contact information for JNS/JSN/JNNS membership/ annual fee
- The Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS)
- TEL: 03-3813-0272 / FAX: 03-3813-0296
- E-mail: email@example.com
- The Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN)
- TEL: 03-5361-7107 / FAX: 03-5361-7091
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS)
- TEL: 0948-24-2801 / FAX: 0948-24-3002
- E-mail: email@example.com
4. Types of Sessions and Languages
Poster presentation *In principle, presented on-site.
- Please complete abstracts in English. Additionally, please make sure to prepare English and Japanese for abstract titles, author names, and affiliations.
- Posters must be written in English. However, presentations may be in English or Japanese.
5. How to Submit your Abstract
１） Registration process
Before submitting your Late Breaking Abstract, you must register to the meeting. If you have not completed registration, please do so at the portal site below.
2） Login to the Late Breaking Abstract submission page
After registering to the meeting, you will not automatically move to the Late Breaking Abstract submission page. Click the button above and enter your registration ID and password to continue with your submission.
3） Abstract submission flow: from entry to completion
- Follow the instructions on the abstract submission screen and complete all required fields.
- When your submission is completed, a confirmation email will be sent to you automatically. If you have not received an email within 60 minutes, please go back to the Registration top page and click “Profile” to check your registered email address. If your email address is correct, your abstract may not successfully be registered to the system, so please submit your abstract once again. We also humbly ask to check your spam folder for the confirmation email.
- Depending on your PC environment, machine-dependent characters may not be displayed correctly in the confirmation email. Please note that there is no issue if they are displayed correctly on the registration system screen.
- The confirmation email will include your submission number and your password. Please forward this information to NEURO2022 Secretariat if you need to make any changes to your submission
6. Entering the Abstract Text
1) Entry items
Authors (up to 20 authors including the presenting author), affiliation (up to 20), presenting author contact number, e-mail address (for submission confirmation and result notification), abstract category and ID number, abstract title, body, research grants, COI.
Please include Japanese for author names, affiliations, and abstract titles.
Abstract bodies should be written in English and aligned to the left of the page. Please do not include abstract titles, author names, or affiliations in the body.
2) Character limit
The abstract body is limited to 2,500 characters, including spaces, special characters, symbols, and HTML tags that are used for text formatting.
To count characters, please click “body” and copy all text, then click on the “Characters Counter” button, and paste the text into the counter box. Please note that abstracts with more than 2,500 characters will not be accepted.
7. Viewing/Modifying Submitted Abstracts
You may view or modify your submitted abstract only during the Late-Breaking Abstract submission period. Please login to the registration system and make necessary changes.
After the Late-Breaking Abstract submission period is closed, you will not be able to modify the registered information, including the abstract text, authors (the first author and co-authors), or affiliations. We will make no exceptions regardless of the circumstances.
The registration system and abstract submission system are two independent systems. Even if you changed information in one system, it will not be reflected in the other.
Please be sure to make modifications in both systems if there are any changes in the submitted information.
8. Abstract Submission Results
Late-Breaking Abstract submission results will be announced via email in mid May after the program is finalized. The decision about the acceptance/non-acceptance of abstracts rests with the Program Committee. Please note that your abstract may not be accepted.
9. Important Notes
- Please be sure to keep your login ID, password, and registration number in a safe place. We will not be able to provide you with the information for security reasons even if you make an inquiry about them.
- After the Late-Breaking Abstract submission period is closed, you will not be able to modify the registered information, including the abstract text, authors (the first author and co-authors), or affiliations. We will make no exceptions regardless of the circumstances.
- The first author should first obtain consent from all co-authors in advance before submitting the abstract.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the JNS Meeting Planner 2022 in early June prior to the meeting. The exact date of publication will be announced on the meeting website and in the JNS newsletter.
- When you need a “Proving Document for Seeking Application for Provision of Exceptions to Lack of Novelty of Invention” under the provisions of Article 30 of the Patent Act, please contact the meeting secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Google Chrome: Latest Version
Microsoft Edge: Latest version
Mozilla Firefox: Latest version
Safari: Latest Version
You must have Java Script enabled to complete abstract submission in the registration system.
10. Login to the Late Breaking Abstract Registration System
*The registered personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the purpose of preparing for the operation of NEURO2022. In addition, the registered personal information will be strictly managed with the necessary security.
NEURO 2022 Secretariat